Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Armor Painting Progress

I sealed my cuffs with Mod Podge, then coated them with metallic acrylic craft paint.  The silver paint took many layers to cover the base color.  Here are my cuffs with the final flat layer of paint, before antiquing:


Here are the top pieces of the tassets.  The are made of craft foam, like the cuffs.  Here they have been sealed with Mod Podge but haven't been painted yet:


Here are the bottom pieces of the tassets, also made of craft foam.  Here they have been sealed with Mod Podge and have been painted with a layer of metallic blue paint and a couple layers of silver paint, but the silver still doesn't cover the red color of the craft foam that is underneath:


I got my luxurious 3" pile white faux fur from DistinctiveFabric.com, and it is amazingly soft and lush!  The furry pants are complete, but I don't have any photos right now.  I may shorten them.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad neither of us took many progress photos. At least you took a few. You can upload that one of you with Orly half finished and you wearing it though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I have some more progress pics to put up. I should ask Misuzu if I can use that picture, and some finished cosplay photos! :D

    ReplyDelete