Monday, July 11, 2011

Katsucon Pics!

A comparison of my not-quite-finished cosplay with the official artwork!  (Note that my eyes are blue to match the game model.)


My friends as Xianghau and Sophitia from Soul Calibur 4 were with me! :D

VICTORY!!!

 Haters gonna hate


And here's me finishing the costume at the Katsucon hotel!

I made the eyes out of Christmas tree ornaments that I cut in half and cut holes for the pupils.  Then I sprayed them with primer, and after the primer dried, painted the irises with acrylic paint.  That was all the vision I had! :O  The beak was made of craft foam and the eyebrows are black faux fur.  Everything on the head is held together with lots and lots of hot glue.

I had fun making my costume, but it was really hard!  D: I got through it with my friends cheering me along all the way, so that I did not give up.  Maybe someday I will make another costume, lol.  I did learn a lot about sewing with help from my friends, and making armor and fursuits with help from the internets! :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment